We developed this model together with the Institute for an Industrial Safety Culture (ICSI). It is based on an analysis of industry best practices and risk sectors, benchmark organizations, and consolidated models such as the Swiss cheese model.
Our evaluation methodology also analyzes the maturity level of our Safety Culture in different facilities and business units using the following techniques:
The results of these assessments are used to develop improvement plans featuring specific measures. Moreover, we evaluate how effective these measures are in order to guarantee continuous improvement.
We meet the legal requirements in force in each location. We also consider the organization's commitments to its stakeholders and apply our internal regulations that are based on legislative trends and international standards, taking all these aspects into account when planning.
Our company policies are aligned with all international regulations dealing with this matter:
With our policy, we strengthen our:
Furthermore, we comply with the most stringent international safety and risk analysis standards:
We are also members of several organizations and international initiatives:
- International Association of Oil & Gas Producers (IOGP ), a global forum for improving safety, the environment, and social performance by sharing knowledge and best practices with other members.
- The Oil Spill Response Joint Industry Project, a collaboration between IOGP and ipieca, the global oil and gas industry association for environmental and social issues. This project makes use of the oil & gas and technology sectors' knowledge to prepare and react in the event of an oil spill.
- Concawe, the European oil companies organization for the protection of the environment and health, which leads research in matters related to air quality, emissions, soil contamination, waste, and product safety.
- Center for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS ), the association that works to improve process safety by developing practical guides for the chemical, pharmaceutical, and oil industries.
- International Process Safety Group (IPSG), the global chemicals and petrochemicals sector network belonging to the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) which promotes best safety practices in processes focused on preventing and mitigating the risk of industrial accidents.
- American Petroleum Institute (API), a business association that defends best practices in the US oil and natural gas industry.
We reduce risks by following the criteria set out by the ISO 31000 "Risk Management" international standard with the help of risk studies and thanks to continuous improvement, which helps us apply corrective measures in our operations.