This factory was built in 1944. Its activity has varied over time, manufacturing different products derived from petroleum through different companies that later would become part of the Repsol Group.
In 1990 it started specializing in manufacturing emulsions, beads, and other paraffins, and it is still operating today. Every year, Repsol has made large investments in the plant in order to equip it with the most modern facilities. Currently it occupies 13,667 m2, of which approximately 6,000 are built up and devoted to manufacturing space and the rest is for storage.
The factory has state-of-the-art facilities and a staff of highly qualified professionals, which guarantee the development and production of a wide range of products aimed at satisfying customer needs.
These can be grouped into four main lines:
- Prepared waxes: paraffin in bead form especially targeting the rubber industry as an anti-ozonant. It can also be used in the paper/cardboard industry.
- Paraffin emulsions: essentially targeting the particleboard industry (as water repellent) and the construction industry (as release agents and for curing concrete).
- Compounds for cables: a mixture of oils, paraffin, and additives used for filler in both conventional and fiber optic cables.
- Process oils.
The plant has its own laboratory where an analytical team analyzes both raw materials and final products, thereby guaranteeing maximum quality at all times. The main suppliers of raw materials are the group's own refineries, specifically Puertollano and Cartagena. Once processed, the products are distributed on the national and international level.
The plant has the following certifications: ISO-9001 (2000), ISC-14001 (2004), lSO-TS 16.949, and OHSAS 18.001 for its Quality, Environment and Safety Management System.