Propylene glycols, thanks to their excellent properties and quality, are present in areas as varied as personal care, cosmetics, food and pharmaceuticals. Its use must follow strict specifications for quality as laid out in the USP- United States Pharmacopeia and EP-European Pharmacopoeia.
The products from Repsol’s Chemicals Division are present in every day articles used to improve people’s quality of life, providing safety and reliability for health and therapy.
- High quality products
- Excellent logistic service
- Technical service and development
Repsol manufactures propylene glycols USP/EP (Pharmaceutical grade), with a strict monitoring of quality and safe handling, from production to delivery, to offer you a high standard quality product according to Pharmacopoeias (USA; UE).
Repsol Chemicals' production and sales comply with:
- the sector's Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Guides for Pharmaceutical Excipients by the Joint International Pharmaceutical Excipients Council (IPEC).
- Guidelines for Handling and Distribution of Propylene Glycol USP/EP, which have been prepared by the European manufacturers, under the direction of the Propylene Oxide/Propylene Glycols Sector Group, following the Responsible Care® program for the handling and distribution of their products.
Our propylene glycol USP/EP (pharmaceutical grade) is qualified and approved for use as an excipient in pharmaceutical applications, as it acts as a solvent and extractant for a wide range of active ingredients besides its dispersant capacity that provides equal distribution of the medicine ingredient in the formulation.
Its wide range of applications includes medicines, local anaesthetics, vitamins and hormones, antiseptics, and vaccines.