Saltar al contenido

Repsol Worldwide

Trinidad and Tobago

Repsol in Trinidad and Tobago. View of the upper part of an oil rig at sunset
Trinidad and Tobago’s main national export is oil, in addition to natural gas and asphalt. The country is located in the southern end of the Antilles, between Grenada and the eastern coast of Venezuela.

Our operations in Trinidad and Tobago

Our activity in Trinidad and Tobago has been focused on our Upstream business since 1995, with four offshore production/development blocks. Additionally, the discovery we made here in 2017 was the greatest in gas volumes in the last six years, with estimated resources set at around 2 trillion cubic square feet of gas.

  • Barrel icon.

    1 million oil barrels

  • Icono de medidor. Repsol en Venezuela

    39 million barrels of oil equivalent in gas production

  • Nodding donkey icon.

    1,121 km2 of total surface area

 
Map of Repsol's exploration and other operations in Trinidad and Tobago

*[MM Imagen] Icono ProducciónProduction

Main projects

Juniper Field
East Block
Angelin
Panorámica de plataforma petrolera en Campo Juniper

Juniper Field

Gas production in the Juniper field began in August 2017 on the assets of the company BPTT.
Panorámica de plataforma petrolera en East Block

East Block

We’ve announced a gas discovery in the waters of Trinidad and Tobago, achieved with the Savannah and Macadamia Wells located in the East Block and within the Columbus basin, east of the island of Trinidad at a depth of 150 meters. We have a 30% stake in this project, with the remaining 70% belonging to BP. Resources are estimated at trillion cubic feet of gas, equivalent to over two years of consumption in Spain.
Operarios trabajando en la plataforma petrolífera de Angelin

Angelin

We launched the development project for the Angelin gas field with BPTT in Trinidad and Tobago. Repsol holds a 30% stake in the project that is located in West Block, 60 km away from the island of Trinidad. Gas production began at the Angelin platform in February 2019. The facilities are operated remotely and the gas generated flows to the Serrette platform through a 21-km pipeline. Subsequently, it travels to Cassia Hub for processing.

Our commitment to growth

In Trinidad and Tobago, we’re committed to the economic and social development of local communities. We collaborate through various projects related to education, social integration, and training for young people, just to name a few.
Repsol en Trinidad & Tobago. Chico de espaldas que lleva un audifono

Social integration

We offer occupational therapy and medical assistance to children with different disabilities through the National Centre for People with Disabilities and the Caribbean Kids and Families Therapy Organization. Additionally, through projects such as Heroes of the Differently-Abled (HODA), we raise awareness about students with disabilities among secondary school students.
Repsol en Trinidad y Tobago. Grupo de médicos

Organ donation

We provide training to over 60 medical professionals in Trinidad and Tobago regarding organ procurement for transplants through the Organ Donation and Transplant Network for Trinidad and Tobago.
Repsol en Trinidad y Tobago. Detalle de una planta

Economic development

Thanks to the Greenhouse Project and the Young Farmers Program, we’ve built a sustainable agro-industrial model in the Mayaro and Guayaguayare communities.
Repsol en Trinidad y Tobago. Grupo de alumnos en un aula

Teaching is growing

In collaboration with the Work Center, we work to further education and skills development in the public elementary-level school in the town of Mafeking. We firmly believe in the value of education as one of the most basic elements needed for the growth of society.
Repsol en Trinidad y Tobago. Detalle de un experimento electrónico

Entrepreneuership for the future

We provide training to local young people in Building Construction Technology at the National Energy Skills Centre (NESC) of Mayaro. We also offer training in Business and Entrepreneurship in collaboration with the National Entrepreneurship Development Company Limited (NEDCO) and the Youth Training and Employment Partnership Programme (YTEPP).
Repsol en Trinidad y Tobago. Detalle de árbol

Sustainability

Our commitment to sustainability is plain to see in everything we do. That’s why we have a Global Sustainability Plan, and another specifically for our activity in Trinidad and Tobago.
  • Contact information

    8-12 Dere Street

    Port of Spain – Trinidad & Tobago


    Updated on December 31st, 2020.