Saltar al contenido

Repsol Worldwide

Mexico

Repsol in Mexico. Five employees of a service station standing in a row, one holding a checkered flag
Oil production is one of the most important economic activities for the development and growth of Mexico. This country has a significant amount of hydrocarbons and a long industrial tradition, as well as refining capacity and experience. To the north, it shares a border with the United States and to the south with Guatemala and Belize. The Pacific lies on the west coast and the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea on the east.
  • Our activities in Mexico

Repsol arrived in Mexico in 1999. Here, we distribute lubricants and specialized products, develop exploration and production activities, and have strategic partnerships with local companies that share our values and principles of honesty and integrity. We are also present throughout the oil and gas value chain and are clearly committed to growing alongside the Mexican market. Our objective is to provide a responsible energy supply and contribute towards the economic development of the country.

We have 5 new exploratory blocks (Blocks, 10, 14, 29, 5, and 12) together with the first exploratory block that we obtained in the country (Block 11). We are the operator of the latter with a 60% working interest, and our partner Sierra Oil & Gas holds the other 40%.

  • Fuel gauge icon. Repsol in Mexico.

    ±200

    Service stations
  • Icon of a nodding donkey. Repsol in Mexico.

    6

    Exploration blocks
Repsol in Mexico. Map of Repsol's operations in Mexico.

*[MM Imagen] Icono Exploración Exploration   [MM Imagen] Icono Química Chemicals   [MM Imagen] Icono Lubricantes Lubricants   [MM Imagen] Icono surtidor Service stations  

Main businesses

Service stations
Chemicals
Lubricants
Exploration and Production
Employees of a service station in Mexico pose for a photo, with the service station looming in the background.

Service stations

We currently have around 200 service stations in the country in over 18 different states. We aim to become an important player in the Mexican service station sector. Therefore, we are making significant investments and have the support, experience, and professionalism of our Mexican partners, who share our goals of continuous improvement and excellent customer service standards. Safety, integrity, and transparency are our top priorities in our service.
A researcher injects a liquid into a test tube.

Dynasol

We have a synthetic rubber production plant in Altamira, with an installed capacity of 100%. Since 1999, we have been part of Dynasol, a business dedicated to the production of rubber in solution in partnership with the Mexican group KUO.
View from a laboratory control room

Lubricants

We produce lubricants in Mexico through our 40% stake in Bardahl, a well-recognized and highly experienced Mexican lubricants and automotive fluids manufacturer that owns one of the most modern production plants in Latin America, located in Toluca. In addition, we continue to sell and distribute lubricants through our commercial office in the country.
Vista de la sala de control de un laboratorio

Exploration and Production

At the end of 2017, we held the mineral rights to six offshore exploration blocks in the Gulf of Mexico, with a total Surface area of 4,842 Km2. Repsol is the operator of five of these blocks (blocks 10, 14, 29, 5, and 12) that were awarded to the Company in 2018.
  • Mexico in photos

    • Repsol worldwide, Mexico. Closeup of a Repsol service station roof sign.
    • Repsol worldwide, Mexico. View of a Repsol service station in the middle of some field.
  • Repsol worldwide, Mexico. Several vehicles filling up at a Repsol service station.
    • Repsol worldwide, Mexico. A hand grips a gas dispenser as it shoots gas into a car.
    • Repsol worldwide, Mexico. Cars lined up for fill-up at a Repsol service station.
  • Contact

    Repsol offices in Mexico

    Torre Esmeralda II – planta 12

    Bulevar Manuel Avila Camacho, 36

    Del. Miguel Hidalgo

    Col. Lomas de Chapultepec

    11000 Ciudad de México