We use our own as well as third-party cookies for statistical and advertisement purposes to improve your user experience. By continuing, we assume that you understand our Cookies Policy and consent to their use.
Accept.
Saltar al contenido

Repsol Worldwide

Indonesia

Our activity in Indonesia

We are present in Indonesia through our Upstream business, with mineral rights for eight blocks. In addition, we produce and distribute lubricants in Indonesia through an agreement with PT Sukabumi Trading Co. With this strategic local partner, we developed our first project in the world to manufacture lubricants locally.

The onshore exploration block South Jambi was adjudicated. Repsol will be the operator of this block with a 67% stake, while the remaining 33% is held by our partner Mitsui Oil Exploration.

  • 41,824 barrels

    of oil equivalent per day.
  • 82.2 Bscf

    Gas production.
  • 12,507 km2

    Block surface area.
 Map of our exploration activity in Indonesia.

* [MM Imagen] Icono Exploración Exploration    *[MM Imagen] Icono ProducciónProduction

  • Main Projects

Corridor

Repsol in Indonesia. An operator looks over the railing to look at part of the platform structure.

In May 2015, we incorporated this field into the Company's portfolio of productive assets. It is a non-operated block in which we have a 36% stake. Most of the natural gas produced in the Corridor block is sold through long-term sales agreements with PT Chevron Pacific Indonesia, Gas Supply Pte. Ltd., and PT Perusahaan Gas Negara. In the first half of 2015, an extension of the sales contract for gas from this block was agreed with COPI (Conoco Phillips Indonesia).

Three development wells were completed in the Corridor block: one in the Sumpal field and two in the Suban field. Two of these wells (Sumpal-8 and Suban-16) began production in 2018, and the third (Suban-18) will be connected at the end of the first quarter of 2019. In 2018, the Compression project in the Suban field was over 80% complete, and start-up is scheduled for the second half of 2019.

Sakakemang

Repsol in Indonesia. View of a Repsol industrial facility.

In the Sakakemang block, which is located in the south of the island of Sumatra, we have made the largest gas discovery in Indonesia in the past 18 years and one of the 10 biggest hydrocarbon discoveries worldwide in the past twelve months. The well KBD-2X has an estimated 2 trillion cubic feet (TCF) of recoverable resources, and we are the operator with a 45% stake.

See the press release

  • We are committed to sustainability

Sustainability Plan

We have designed an annual cross-company sustainability plan that incorporates ethical, environmental, and social considerations into our decision-making process.
  • Contact

    11th Fl, Jl Jend Sudirman, Kav

    Jakarta, Indonesia