What coke does Repsol market?
- The petroleum coke marketed by Repsol is known as Green Fuel Grade; it is known in Spain as coque verde combustible.
What are the main uses of coke?
- The main uses of the Green Fuel Grade Petcoke marketed by Repsol are as a fuel in the cement, ceramics, and electricity industries. Some ceramic industries mix it with the clay to improve baking.
Of what quality?
- The quality of the product depends on the crude oils processed by the Refinery. By way of reference, the following details the internal specifications for Repsol's green fuel grade petcoke:
* Limits established on a dry basis
- Ash: 0.6% maximum weight.
- Volatiles: 15% maximum weight.
- Sulfur: 7% maximum weight.
- HGI: 40/90 minimum and maximum.
- PCS: 8,000 Kcal./Kg. minimum.
Where is Repsol Coke produced?
- Repsol's Green Fuel Grade Petcoke is produced at:
- Coruña Refinery (1982)
- Puertollano Refinery (1990)
- Cartagena Refinery (2011)
- Bilbao Refinery (2011)