Our vision frames our horizons, always aimed at society.
The ethical and professional values of our company cannot be waived. They guide our actions, consolidating us as a socially responsible company.
In this short phrase, we want each word to encompass a whole concept. At Repsol, we want to be:
A company: unique and united.
International: because our sphere of activity spans the globe.
An integrated oil and gas company: with a vocation for integration in the value chain of our businesses.
We want to be admired in the areas where we work: recognized for our high added value, excellence in business management, our organizational culture and the quality of our management.
Customer-focused: meaning that customers are at the center of all our actions, enabling us to create value for all of our stakeholders.
Our ethical and professional values
The actions of our employees and contractors are based on ethical and professional principles which allow us to conduct activities through criteria such as honesty and transparency, thereby strengthening a bond between our company, its surroundings and its various stakeholders.
Ethical values are the essential and lasting principles of an organization. Such principles do not need any external justification, they have an intrinsic importance for those who are part of the company. They are the inalienable and fundamental values of the company and must guide all actions and behaviors. They are the basis for building mutual trust within the company and with stakeholders.
Our four ethical values are:
1. Integrity. Impeccable behavior, aligned with rectitude and honesty.
2. Transparency. Appropriate, accurate information about what we do. Information which is truthful and verifiable.
3. Responsibility. Assuming responsibilities and acting accordingly.
4. Safety. We demand a high level of safety in processes, facilities and services, paying particular attention to the protection of employees, contractors, customers and the local environment.
We have also defined four professional values that sustain the company's competitive advantage. These professional values enable us to achieve our goals, meet our commitments and bring excellence to management. They are the characteristics which give us a competitive advantage, bringing us steady profits in a manner that our competitors find hard to match:
1. Leadership. Management based on motivation, delegation, responsibility, participation and teamwork, that drives the organization towards our new Vision.
2. Results focus. More flexible and responsive management with efficient processes.
3. Innovation. Attitude of continuous improvement and innovation, ensuring access to information, managing knowledge and promoting technological development.
4. Customer focus. Anticipating the needs of customers quickly and dynamically.
Last updated: 25 May 2011